Quality Control Manager
Formulate and maintain quality control objectives, coordinating them with production procedures, ensuring product reliability and cost minimization. The Quality Control Manager will play an integral role during all phases of a project, beginning in pre-construction and ending with project close-out. During the pre-construction phase, the individual will review all contract quality language and coordinate constructability with the owner and architect(s).
- Self-starter, motivator and advocate for QA/QC and Testing
- Excellent collaboration skills and customer engagement skills, to lead discussions with teammates and business customers to understand current challenges and build a QA/QC as well as a test program that is suited to the needs of the County
- Strong project management skills
- Collaborative approach with staff and leadership at various levels to establish a QA/QC program vision, governance methodology, and to create a culture that treats systems quality as an attribute of systems development.
- Strong communication skills, specifically the ability to communicate across various levels of influence, and to create and maintain enduring customer relationships.
- Excellent written skills to develop presentations, Quality standards, templates, policies, governance documents and guides to help staff follow robust QA/QC and testing practices
- Technical experience creating and managing Quality Assurance and Quality Control programs in Information Technology which include the entire IT technical environment for on-premises systems and Cloud implementations
- Technical experience creating and managing System Testing Programs in Information Technology
- Experience using industry standard tools for QA/QC and Testing
- Prior system development and testing skills to be able to understand the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) environment Applying QA/QC to work delivered by SaaS and PaaS vendors
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English
Additional Skills & Qualifications
- Working knowledge of MS Project, MS Visio or MS PowerPoint and MS Word
- Ability to write SQL queries